Table of Contents
Why Efficient Shipping Strategies Matters
How to overcome Shipping Challenges
Meet Your Match: vMeasure & Desktop Shipper
How vMeasure and Desktop Shipper Integration Can Boost Your Shipping Strategy
Reducing shipping cost
Minimizing Shipping Errors
Optimal carrier selection
How to Integrate vMeasure and DesktopShipper: A Step-by-Step Guide
- Place the Parcel on the vMeasure System: Physically position the parcel on the vMeasure system. This step initiates the dimensioning process and sets the stage for accurate data capture.
- Scan the Order Number: Start the measurement process by scanning the barcode and simultaneously capturing the order number linked to the parcel.
- Fetch Order Details from DesktopShipper: Utilize DesktopShipper to retrieve the order details.
- Capture Dimensions and Weight: vMeasure Parcel Ultima accurately captures the parcel dimensions and weight of the parcel.
- Push Dimensions and Weight to DesktopShipper: Transmit the captured parcel dimensions and weight from vMeasure Parcel Ultima to DesktopShipper.
- Select the Appropriate Carriers from DesktopShipper and Print Label: Utilizing the dimensional data and weight of the package, choose the suitable carrier and proceed to print the label
- Label Application and Further Processing: Affix the printed label to the parcel. The parcel is now prepared for subsequent steps, whether it involves packing for shipment or progressing through the logistics chain.
Common Queries on vMeasure and Desktop Shipper Integration
Why do I need a shipping solution?
Can the vMeasure and Desktop Shipper integration be customized to specific business workflows?
Can this integration adapt to changing shipping requirements and carrier options?
What is the difference between DIM weight and actual weight?
The actual weight is the exact weight of the product.
DIM weight also called volumetric weight calculates the amount of space a package occupies to its actual weight.
What is DIM weight pricing?
Why is DIM weight pricing important?
How to calculate dimensional weight?
Dimensional weight of the package = L * W * H / Dimensional Divisor
The dimensional divisor is carrier-specific. They vary from carrier to carrier.
How can I avoid overpaying for DIM weight pricing?
- Measure your packages accurately before shipping them.
- Use packaging that is the right size for your products, without any extra space.
- Negotiate with your shipping carrier if possible.